My Personal Skincare Regimen For Avoiding Breakouts
I’m not a dermatologist; but I’ve frequented them since I was 14. Unfortunately I’m now 40 and still plagued with oily, breakout prone skin.
When I was 20 I was prescribed Accutane from my dermatologist. It was a godsend to say the least; however it’s effects lasted only about 10 years. Around 30 I started breaking out again, add two pregnancies, and raging hormones and my acne prone skin was back.
Accutane was great at 20; however I was young, and not concerned about health risks involved with taking it. I thought about going on it again- but fortunately instead I found a skincare cocktail that worked to help control my breakouts, without over-drying my skin.
Here’s my day and night regimen:
1. Cleanse- Biolements Spotless Cleanser
2. Tone- Biolements Active Astringent
3. Refiner- Biolements Quick Refiner
4. Serum (sometimes)
5. Moisturizer (sometimes)
6. Sunscreen (during spring, summer, and fall)
- Biolements Breakout Control
- Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash